10 Ways to Truly Enjoy Life
1. Enjoy that dessert. You don’t have to have 2 cookies – but you can totally enjoy one. You don’t have to have a huge piece of pie or cake, but a small slice hits the spot. And yes, every once in awhile when it’s something that is one of your favorite sweet delights – eat the big piece.
2. Laugh. Laugh often. Smile. When life gets a little stretched and ridiculous – laugh about the craziness of it all. It will help you relax and put it all in focus.
3. Make time for what you love. If you love to sew, make time for it. Take pictures? Make time for it. Don’t decide you’ll “get to it” after other things. Make your joys a priority.
4. Give. Give something to someone else. It feels good. And give often.
5. Be content with what you have. That small television is good enough. You don’t really need the big one. And the out-of-date washer and dryer? If they are still running well and getting the job done, you are blessed. A content heart is a joyful heart.
6. Love. Love freely. Love on strangers and love on familiar faces. Touch them, hug them, love on them. Love is like a yo-yo. What you give, also comes back to you.
7. Remember to live life like a child. Dance. Play games. Jump on leaves. Get lost in a book for hours. Put off the chores. Ask questions. Forgive easily.
8. Let it go. Let that grievance go. Let that stupid driver go. Let the unkind remarks go. Just let it go.
9. Do things. Go to the local fair. Fly to another city or a distant land. Take a class. Go to lunch with a friend. Become a volunteer. Do things frequently. It gets you out of the house and into the world. It gets you out of your own world and into someone else’s….
10. Obey the Lord. His laws are for our freedom not to give us chains. They spare us from heartache and pain. They provide guidance and they give us focus.
These are just a few things that can help you live a more enjoyable life. What would you add to the list?